Lots of options when running weights. Snap weights, inlines, bouncers, 3 way (wolf river rig). Since you mention running jets, take note that when letting out any weighted system, you have to let out line a lot slower than with a jet. Or you chance snagging bottom. Just use your clicker and drag to allow slow take out, or set lines at a much faster speed as to not snag bottom.
I rarely use snap weights any more. I have around 20 set up and used to use them a lot. For me, I have not found much if any of a difference in any crankbait's action besides RR800's, they don't dart left/right as much, but still catch fish using a weight attached at my main line with a 6ft leader to the bait. For most of the western basin, 2 and 3oz weights should be used as 1oz are affected by diving baits.
This is what I have switched to using the past years. The #30 coated cable holds up very well, catches weeds before your bait. You can leave your baits attached to your rods, just remove the weight. Mine fit in my rod holder box no problem with only the weight removed. Makes getting ready to run a lot easier, saves a lot of time! I paint my weights different colors for easy identification. Much easier to store than bouncers. Works for me, your experiences may be different