Fishing with the Montana Men 4/18 - 4/20/16 Fishing with the Montana Men 4/18 - 4/20/16 Fishing with the Montana Men 4/18 - 4/20/16 Fishing with the Montana Men 4/18 - 4/20/16
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing with the Montana Men 4/18 - 4/20/16

I just want to say, I have been super busy with taking care of my customers, my dogs and cats, my house guest, and my house and yard work...in that order. The blog, unfortunately, is not the highest priority on my "to do" list.
    I am telling you this, because I actually got yelled at by a guy on Facebook for not blogging my "what/where/how" info for him to use. I mean.... what?? What? WHAT?

I'm a charter Captain. I share out of the goodness of my heart, WHEN I can. I am not obligated to do it, nor does anyone PAY me for my information. This is how I make my living.
    If the fishing is tough, like it has been lately, I am not going to tell you to come in on me, when I have a small bite going someplace. If it's a fast bite, and there's plenty to share, I will tell you. However, my paying customers come first. Always.

I hope everyone can understand that.

So, with that said....it's been very tough with these NE and E winds lately. The fish are moving around like crazy, and it's hard to stay on top of them. Here today, and gone tomorrow, so it's not easy. When you find a small pod of fish, stay on them, and work them out....figure them out. That's half the fun of fishing.

Fishing is SO MUCH more than just putting meat in the freezer.

What I can tell you is, that since Monday, me and my Montana crew of Craig and Scott, we have fished Round Reef, Middle Bass, Green, the Ferry Channel, Mouse, Starve, and D Can. So, it's not a secret. These are all popular places during the transition, and you just need to keep checking for the next group to show up.

We have stayed with the Bandits, and they have produced some nice fish. Today, was our best day out of the three, but the fish were a little smaller. We had 35 pounds for 5 fish yesterday, and 50 pounds for 9 fish today.

The Deep Walleye 5/8 Bandit, run 55-75 back, is still the best for us. The Black Headed Wonder Bread, Blue Chrome, I Be Frozen, and Fire Tiger are our hot colors on sunny days, and the Pink Chrome/purple back, Fire Tiger, Toxic Melon, and Pink Lemonade, are better on cloudy days. Speed is still 1.5-.16mph

Tomorrow will be day 4 of their 5 day trip. Hopefully, the rains will hold off, or stay over to the west while we search for Scott's wall hanger in the morning.
    We'll be heading out of Mazurik's in the morning, because the southwest wind will send waves into the launch at Catawba, and it's just easier to load up by yourself without the waves hitting your back end.

Good luck if you get out tomorrow. Stay dry, and get off the water if you see lightning!

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with the Montana Men 4/18 - 4/20/16-craig-scott-day-1-5img_5907-jpg Fishing with the Montana Men 4/18 - 4/20/16-craig-scott-day-1-5img_5908-jpg Fishing with the Montana Men 4/18 - 4/20/16-craig-scott-day-2-5img_5914-jpg Fishing with the Montana Men 4/18 - 4/20/16-craig-scott-day-2-5img_5919-jpg Fishing with the Montana Men 4/18 - 4/20/16-craig-scott-day-2-5img_5922-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters