Help, perch recipes needed! Help, perch recipes needed! Help, perch recipes needed! Help, perch recipes needed!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Try them Sheep head filets aint that bad !

I know there are many skeptics on this but ask yourself how many of you have actualy tried them yourself ? see ! for well over 30 years I and many of my fishing buddy have tossed these to the gulls, smacked them on the side of the boat , used them for garden fertilizer etc. but after this past season of catching so many we decided to try to clean and deep fry a small sheephead, after cooking and eating all the walleye and perch, we started on this last fish in the cooler, I sharpened up the fillet knife like a scapel to disect this creature the despicable act. it began simple enough it was as easy to fillet as a walleye, and produced two perfectly good sized filets , no smell, no mud vain or alien creatures jumped out and attached to my face, after rolling in the same fry mix we used for the other fish "fishermans all natural" it fried up golden brown floated to the top , again no foul odors , there were no small bones to pick out , after all in attendance tasted this fish we all came to the same decision that all the stories out there are untrue . I know many will respond to this idea as herosy and vote to have me banned from the site like our dear departed WW. but before you do all I ask is a fish fry court to try my case

Post Thanks / Like

Wink shore lunch spicy buffalo

this may be my favorit but my wife dips the fish in eggs first then puts them in the shore lunch and follow the directions good luck. try it its great
    Last edited by Jason Ferrick; 09-15-2009 at 05:33 PM.
    BURNIN DAYLIGHT

Post Thanks / Like

Our clan decided that they like regular Shore Lunch and peanut oil, fillets dipped in egg first.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile ANDY's

It's new and its easy. No egg, milk, flower needed. Just drop in wet and fry. Comes in Cajun (red) also. Yum Yum

Erie Sheppard Guest

Default Sheephead

Mikes recipe is great for sheephead. Have tried many different recipes for the sheeps. My personal favorite is to cut the fillet into 1/2 inch chunks and drop them into salted boiling water for a minute or so then drain and dip in hot butter. " Poor mans lobster"