Ports??? Ports??? Ports??? Ports???
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ports???

Cicada eyes Guest

Default Ports???

I was just wondering whats the best port/access to go out of to get out to turtle island area? We normally go out of Bolles to fish, but its a long haul to the island on a rough day. I know that luna pier is closer, but was wondering if there is anything else closer, and easier? Either Ohio or Michigan side is fine thanks for any info.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Turtle Creek Launch & Dock

Turtle Creek has several launches and such. I prefer the closest to the lake and the oldest LAMBERJACK's ! They have a store, bait, fuel, docks and a view of the lake so you'll have some idea of what the conditions are before launching !

Call 419-898-1974 or email [email protected] .
    If you are lucky enough to talk to Vince, you have an excellent resource of information. Been there since 1972 I believe !

Also, you can rent a fixed or floating dock by the day, week, month or season! Best Launch Ramp on the lake !

Visit www.lamberjacks.com and get a map view so you know which road to take to get to them - quick trip from launch to lake !

Good Luck,
    Terry

Post Thanks / Like

I think your best bet for getting to turtle island is Luna Pier or Cullen Park off summit street. You have to watch it at Cullen, shallow water out to the maumee river. I always idle out there to the channel. I always see large boats launching there and ive never had a problem there.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ports to the Bay - Luna Pier Harbor Club

Cullen Park: I have launced an 18' there many times, bent a few props too. If I remember correctly, don't cut the angle back to the ramp too close, head west off the river, make a right angle coming into the ramp. Anyone else have advise on this?
    Plus they may not have the docks in at the launch at this time. People have pressed the city to put them in early but my guess is that they don't get in until May. Anyone know ? There was gossip that the city was going to have that launch area dredged but I doubt that this will happen in my lifetime. That route is also very prone to debris this time of year and earlier.

Luna Pier Harbor Club has excellent launch ramps and those ramp docks went in today. The business is officially open April 15th, but with the ramps open you could go there -- call first until the 15th -- not standard hours until then ! (Closed Easter Sunday I believe.....) They also have a store, licenses, bait, bathrooms and fuel. They also have a perfect large fish cleaning house but not sure if that is available for launched boats...better check (or offer Mel a few fillets !)
    It's about 6 miles or so out to the Lighthouse from there.

Good Luck Fishing ........send in a report

Post Thanks / Like

The docks are in at Cullen park. Hunter is right about circling a bit west after you leave the dock, theres a rock bar straight out and to the east just a little, they have been putting a bouy there in the past, but its not there as of a few days ago. When i head in i come by the last river channel marker and head towards the blue roofed shop you can see in the west corner of cullen park, and swing right into the docks and have never had any trouble........