Sat walleye reports Sat walleye reports Sat walleye reports Sat walleye reports
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wakina,

I agree completely with you... except that I would like to assure you that 99% of the captains at Channel Grove are still top notch and I would go with almost any of them there. Please don't let one bad apple ruin your opinion. There are over 200 slips there and they are bound to have one or two that aren't the best. I am not a charter, I simply fun fish on my private boat so I have no stake in the charter business at Channel Grove, and I am not promoting any specific captain. But Channel Grove is still by far the premiere marina in the West end and please don't change your opinion on a single docker there.

-Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Madd Matt View Post
    Wakina,

I agree completely with you... except that I would like to assure you that 99% of the captains at Channel Grove are still top notch and I would go with almost any of them there. Please don't let one bad apple ruin your opinion. There are over 200 slips there and they are bound to have one or two that aren't the best. I am not a charter, I simply fun fish on my private boat so I have no stake in the charter business at Channel Grove, and I am not promoting any specific captain. But Channel Grove is still by far the premiere marina in the West end and please don't change your opinion on a single docker there.

-Matt

I know that Matt I just did not want to have to single out one particular Captain to avoid! Years ago there was another charter captain there that did not know crap about walleye fishing, yet he would book his trips and then complain when no one would help him. Same old thing but fortunately there was no internet to spread his BS. There was also another one in there that felt he owned certain humps on the East Side of Pelee. We only had Loran-C back then but he would accuse people of getting the coordinates off of his unit if they would happen to be on HIS SPOT.

There is an old saying that goes way back and applies to just about anything that requires skill or knowledge at the professional level. This does not apply to the average recreational fisherman, but should apply to anyone who takes people for hire to catch fish. If you gonna need help and know that before you leave the dock then maybe you should stay on the porch in the first place. There is nothing wrong with developing a network of friends to help you out on those certain blah days that happen to all of us. But one should not be taking people fishing for a fee if they require help almost every time they leave the dock!
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Walleye_Rick:

I do not disagree that non reports should not be allowed in a reports forum and should be moved to the lounge! I hope that you do not decide or see a need to bar me from the forums but I feel that I have to speak up!

With that being said, I really do not like to stir the pot and am not looking to get into a pissing match with the site Administrator but feel that the Western Basin posters have been and are being singled out about non-reports in the reports section.

Please take a look at this Forum http://community.walleye.com/forumdi...ishing-REPORTS !

By your own definition, it is full of "bar room chit chat". Where is the fairness in scolding the posters in the Western Basin Forums and moving their non reports out of the Western Basin Fishing Reports Forum to the Lounge while still allowing the vast amount of non reports "this type of bar room chit chat" in the other fishing report Forums, both the Central and Eastern Basins. A non-report is a non report and the content of such report is irrelevant beyond the fact that it is a non-report in the reports forum.

Here is one example of what I am talking about!

http://community.walleye.com/showthr...ing-in-buffalo
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip