Went out to Crane Creek yesterday to investigate the ice conditions. Ice covered for 3/4 mile then open water for 1/2 mile. Next stop Camp Perry. Same story. Catawba has ice if you went west or southwest, but it was open water off the peninsula point (Millers Ferry) and open water north of the launch at cawtawba state park. Not good at all. Ice is getting milky in Port Clinton Bay. No honeycombing but the weather will not build any new ice.

Did get out on Brest Bay (Monroe, MI) to 18 FOW, but was only on 7" of ice. Walked out to 20 FOW and was on 3" of ice. High tailed back to 18 FOW. I parked off Stoney Point with a landowner permission to park. Fished from 4:00 till 7:45 PM. Not a bite. For me- them- anyone. Water was clear though.

I do not believe it is going to happen at all this year at this point. Today it was 61 degrees and raining. That will erode whats left and make it very dangerous, plus dirty the water up badly.

Time to change spark plugs, charge up the batteries, replace bilge pump, new lower unit oil, etc, etc.

See ya Jigging---- Jiginitis69 "It's contagious"