I don't have any experience with the Okuma rods, so I can't comment on them... but, I do with the Ugly Sticks.

I have been trolling with the Uglies for 22 years now and have ZERO complaints. When they discontinued the CAL1100 7' Med model, that I used for 21 of those years, I spent some time looking for their replacements that I would eventually want to do.

After trying several much more expensive brands, that were offered for me to try, I tried the replacement that Ugly Stick was offering in their place, and was pleasantly surprised... that's the USCA701M model. They go for 39.99 at most stores.

I bought ten of them last fall, when I found a sale price of 31.99 at the time, and have been using them since. I am very happy with their performance, and was even happier with their pricing.

I didn't think I would find one I liked as much as the CAL1100, but I think I like these a little bit more.

The best part of using these rods, is my customers cannot destroy them...and, some of them "accidentally" try it from time to time. lol

Anyway....for what it's worth...that's my .02 cents on the subject.