It depends.........they are not a bad boat for the money......certainly therr are better boats. A lot depends on what you can afford, and justifying the expense.

Saltwater guys are very opinionated and if it's not a contender or a yellowfin then they all suck......lol.

Proline is a mid tier boat.......not the best, but certainly not the worst by any means. I never heard of any structural problems with their product.......fit and finish is mid tier, and they are an established company who mass produced boats. I would put them in a similar class as a Wellcraft or a Striper......certainly not bad boats, and I've owned a Wellcraft 23, and it was very good to me.

Take a look at the dead rise of the hull, prolines use anything from a 19 to 24 degree depending on model. 19 or 20 will troll and drift nice but might beat you up in waves......just don't drive like an idiot and you will be fine. Higher dread rise like 23 or 24 will cut waves better but will rock and roll more noticeably when at rest or trolling slow.

Also.......get a survey......it's cheap insurance on your investment so you know the boat is in sound condition, especially in areas you can't "see"