Where are the Walleye? Where are the Walleye? Where are the Walleye? Where are the Walleye?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday, 1st thing at crack of dawn, I was on the lake again. The windmills were spinning and I thought crap, another windy day ! As I approached the international marker buoy, the windmills had almost stopped and I was ready to troll 2 lines all the way west until I caught something. As I was slowing down to get ready to fish, my outboard just stopped. I thought it was strange, but it's happened B4 and it always started up. Not this time ! I rowed back to the small boat harbor (at least 5 miles). 4 boats stopped to ask if I needed help, but it was such a nice calm day, that I rowed all the way. The only boats that stopped were smaller ones; the big cruisers and speedboats completely ignored me.

Tomorrow I'll take my moter back to the shop and hope that by the time they get it working, the walleye will be back.

blk97 Guest

Angry Where are the walleye?

Walleyerick, so sorry you had trouble with your motor. I don`t know walleyerick, maybe we`re jinxed. I certainly have had boat troubles. Chuging iron fisherman says hang in there, things are going toget better. He said the last two times out he limited out. I wonder how far west is he fishing? Maybe Dunkirk?

Post Thanks / Like

Default walleye on pa ny line

are there any eyes by the pa ny line or are they in ny

blk97 Guest

Angry Where are the walleye?

Jig, i don`t know where they are at this time. I pick up one or two around The Buffalo N.Y area , some times nothing. Note; I`ll be out of town for a couple days, ( save a few walleye for me, until i return. ) BLK 97.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by blk97 View Post
    Jig, i don`t know where they are at this time. I pick up one or two around The Buffalo N.Y area , some times nothing. Note; I`ll be out of town for a couple days, ( save a few walleye for me, until i return. ) BLK 97.
    the way it soounds 80 feet or deeper i think i will run the line straight toward canada if possilble.i guess if they are hitting i can put one our two back for you to get. all i have is a pa licenses but that is enough ground to cover anyone getting steelies out there

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Saturday morning starting at the international buoy and heading west along the line. We hit three in about an hour...two off riggers with harnesses and one off a dipsy 140 back on setting 3 with a harness. There were some bass and sheephead mixed in as well, but we were only in 53 FOW. Maybe the wind brought them back in or maybe they were just volunteers. They were still there though. This was about 7 miles out of the small boat harbor. I am planning on hitting it tomorrow night so I'll post if I have anything to add.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blk97 View Post
    they are all still there didnt get one hit ran 3/4 of north side of mountain in about 78 to 116 fow ran southwest then northeast nothing did mark alot of fish at 53 to71 ft

bigjay Guest

fished out of dunkirk today.8am to 3pm one 5lber in the box lost two fish boatside. very long and slow day. caught fish on dipsey 2.5 setting 200ft back copper and pink harness over 107fow. no action on riggers.not to many boats out for such a nice day.this was my worst day in two years.good day for the fish.not too much talk at the launch

Post Thanks / Like

Default Water temp

The water temp is 73 and maybe we need to wait for it to drop into the 6os before the fish start being more active. Whaddya think out there ? Seems like nobody is getting any. I mean 90 fow ? Maybe they went up the St Clair R to L Huron.

Motor now in shop again.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by walleyerick View Post
    The water temp is 73 and maybe we need to wait for it to drop into the 6os before the fish start being more active. Whaddya think out there ? Seems like nobody is getting any. I mean 90 fow ? Maybe they went up the St Clair R to L Huron.

Motor now in shop again.
    do you fish new york only or do you fish pa i only have a pa license i fished northest yesterday in about 78 to 116 fow didnt get any had dipys on 3.5 had them back 140 to 230 had other two with 3oz weight on anywhere from 90 to 180 worm harnesses wally diver little gleo erie derie hj6 silver/black is what i used i just dont under stand why i didnt get any we mark fish suspened in 53 down to 71 even some on bottom that where by schools of bait fish i talk to people that fish same depth that get 3 to 9 eyes can you tell me why i didnt get any thanks