Quote Originally Posted by J. Sparrow View Post
Short.....
My guess is that the 7 - 10 color would have more vertical travel in the water column as the boat speed varies and your direction changes (turns). So I think a 7 - 10 color lead line would catch more fish..... but it depends on the day and the fish too. If you just so happen to have a high concentration of fish right where your "3 color plus torpedo" is running, it might take more fish than a lead core line.
I've never run torpedos, but do fish leadcores...... so I might be biased.
Run the experiment, and let us know!
Thanks Sparrow...
Don't have the room or $$$ to have too many leadcore rods, so i'm trying to minimize the number of dedicated rigs. IMO 2-3 color rigs are much more flexible to use, e.g, SWR off riggers, unweighted/weighted off inline boards, etc.

With our clear water, distance away from the boat is a definite advantage of 7-10 colors vs. 2-3 with a torpedo. And the subtle rise and fall of the lure with 7-10 colors another. In addition to the torpedo rigs running closer to the boat, these rigs are more speed sensitive giving more abrupt lure depth changes vs 7-10 color rigs.

And that is the crux of my question do these differences (distance from boat and leadcore rise fall rates) make a significant difference in catch rate overall.