how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 82 of 465 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishkiller16 View Post
    Great Lakes Angler Magazine has a real good write up on the tourney this past weekend on their website here is the link. http://www.glangler.com/_blog/Great_...ye_Tournament/
    awsome write up congrats on the win
    milt

Post Thanks / Like

Great article Jim & Kim & Jim & Diane. Congratulations. I read the key points to my wife but i think she would rather have a glass of wine on shore or on a boat with Kim & Diane than catching Mr. WALLEYE. I wish i could get a 10 lb walleye. Jim your head looks a little red in the picture.
    Ty have a good time in Cooperstown. It's a great inspirational place. I'm sure all will enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Walleye Virus

Fishon....thats the one. My fish looked just like the pic on the right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishon51 View Post
    Great write up Jim !!
    X2!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

decent day on the pond today, 8 yellows between 6-8lbs, dropped half as many.

threw a little bit of everything at them. only the riggers were dead. boards (40 jets and 2-3 oz snap weights) and dispys produced.

black/pink sgl hatchet harnesses, hammered copper/watermelon dbl colorado harnesses, chartreuse/pink-head reef 800 runners and chartreuse/red-head deep husky jerks DH-12. cranks worked equally well as the harnesses..

short hour long bite between 7-8am while clouds were out, then the sun appeared and nada more

ALOT of bait and FISH directly off Abino on the fence (60-65 fow), 1.6 mph down speed did the trick for us
    Last edited by ShortHanded; 07-12-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Fished out of S.P. today boxed 7 , 3-7 #s Mostly on hatchet blades harnesses, bkl/rasberry; nuc. green (was best); blk/purple. dipsys & riggers did best. 60-68 fow west of abino. Beautiful day on the lake.

Fishkiller, nice article, congrats again. Do you by chance live on 77 near minkle ? I use to hunt that land before your house was there , shot a few deer off the hi spot to the n/east of the house. I think I saw your boat in the yard the other day, nice area.
    Last edited by lineman49; 07-12-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy 3 D harnesses

Anyone else loosing their harnesses ? I have had 3-4 3 d,s lost & I beleive it due to the mono being cut by the spinner clevis cutting thru the mono, They seem to use the wrong type clevis & at the prices they get for them I think they would use wire instead of mono. I am goiing to try to contact them.

Post Thanks / Like

hey lineman, i was out yesterday at sp from 8am - 8pm long day detmined to get this thing down. i landed 1 running d.r., dispy and snap weight - finally went to using one line - kept crossing up - you guys make it sound easy - oh well i guess i'll get better with practice the one i caught was 28" 5lbs.

practice practice

Post Thanks / Like

Default lOST 3!

Quote Originally Posted by lineman49 View Post
    Anyone else loosing their harnesses ? I have had 3-4 3 d,s lost & I beleive it due to the mono being cut by the spinner clevis cutting thru the mono, They seem to use the wrong type clevis & at the prices they get for them I think they would use wire instead of mono. I am goiing to try to contact them.
    lineman- Last few times I was out I too lost a couple harnesses.No snags, no fish, just an empty line! Those big blades must really put some abrasion on the snell.I have not had any trouble with the big plastic clevis when I do my own rigs. I have boughten some almost as nice from a guy in Michigan $2.20 a piece) and he uses coated cable. I buy 2-3 for the same price as the D harnesses. I also had some of the finish come off on 2 of the D harnesses also.Good luck in contacting them. Hopefully they will give you a response.
    Last edited by pete/ny; 07-13-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I like using the metal leader worm harnesses so they don't break. Do you guys think one is brtter fhan the other for cafching fish? I haven't been loseing many fish with the metal leader harnesses.