how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Went out yesterday out of Sturgeon Pt. Fished only 1.5 miles west of the harbor. Was slow then picked up. Two of us were getting double headers for a while. Then I hooked something different.??? Pulled up a WALLEYE. He bit a minnow on a spreader. Things slowed down so we picked up and went further west about 4 to 5 miles to a pack of boats. It was pretty steady. A standard purch rig was working very well. We ended up with 56 purch and 1 walleye. I thought we had more than that. The DEC was checking licenses yesterday. I saw them at several locations. I had gotten my new one last Sun. At Dicks but it could be very easy to forget to get a new one. Fishkiller, not as good as you did but it was probably one of the best day's on the lake that I had in a l ~o~n~g time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    Went out yesterday out of Sturgeon Pt. Fished only 1.5 miles west of the harbor. Was slow then picked up. Two of us were getting double headers for a while. Then I hooked something different.??? Pulled up a WALLEYE. He bit a minnow on a spreader. Things slowed down so we picked up and went further west about 4 to 5 miles to a pack of boats. It was pretty steady. A standard purch rig was working very well. We ended up with 56 purch and 1 walleye. I thought we had more than that. The DEC was checking licenses yesterday. I saw them at several locations. I had gotten my new one last Sun. At Dicks but it could be very easy to forget to get a new one. Fishkiller, not as good as you did but it was probably one of the best day's on the lake that I had in a l ~o~n~g time.
    I went out of Sturgeon as well. I saw a bunch of boats fishing for perch in several different spots. I was trolling for steelhead off of the Catt wall with no luck. Several boats were out doing the same and it didnt seem as though anybody was doing any good. There were good reports last week but that run has appearently went up the creek. However, I did get to enjoy a nice day on the lake weather wise..probably the final one for this year. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

It was a sad day for captainjoe on Monday. I took the boat from Sturgeon Pt. To Olson's in Derby. Had to take it out of comission for the winter. But on a brighter note I dropped it off and traded it in for another. I bit the bullet and spurred the economy. Now I'll have to work for another 25 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Well Joe dont keep us in suspense what did u get?

Post Thanks / Like

2012 Striper 2101 Walkaround with a 225 merc outboard. She's going to be white. They are taking my 15 hp merc bigfoot off my boat and putting it on this one. It's a little smaller than the Four Winns, a little lighter and a little faster. It will be easier to trailer and maybe I can get out a little earlier in the spring and keep fishing longer in the fall. It will be geared for fishing not a family pleasure boat converted to fishing. I had the Four Winns for 25 years and she's been a mighty fine vessel. Some guys don't have a wife for that long.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone fish today?...lol 50 mph gusts and lake effect rain no treestand for me today hopefully tomorrow morning.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at the boat dealer yesterday and asked to take one of modles that he just got in the other day out for a test drive? I told him every boat floats good when it's calm but this would be a good test? He gracefully declined my request. Thankfully.