how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 97 of 465 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by copo427ss View Post
    Thanks jim for making me drool and want something I can't afford right now lol. Thats a hell of a boat.

Has anybody been bass fishing lately? I haven't fished bass since preseason. Gonna head out of sbh Saturday afternoon.(weather permitting) otherwise I'll head to the river. Lookin for good bass sizes. Will be drifting with live shiners and or soft shells. I just need to entertain the girls since they don't like trolling all that much. Thanks guys.

Wes
    i been doing good around the 4th windmill starting around 30-35fow drifting in to 22fow had better luck with crabs also west of the senca bouy staying in 30-38fow on the outside edge of 16fow alot charters go there roundhouse been doing good also good luck my wife dont like to troll either so we bass fish too
    milt

Post Thanks / Like

Fishon, thanks again for the info. We fished this AM. got 5 rite off the bat then they just turned off around 9:30- 10:00, didn't get another fish quit at 1:00. Had the LC. tangles again, I am still on the hate side of its use!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks milt, I used to do real good off the windmills myself. Also if the drift was right I'd fish just inside the Canadian waters by the sailboat buoy. But I'm sketchy fishing in Canadian waters with how I've heard they've been lately. Saw 5 boats fishing thompsons hole yesterday evening. We fished between strawberry and grand last night. Pulled 2 fat largemouths. We were lookin for pike. But man. The sun had just about set. And the bass and pike came alive. They were feeding all around us on the surface. Bass were jumping and the pike were just opening there mouths and swirling on the surface. Dorsal and tail find out of the water like sharks lol. Still no takers even with jitterbugs. So we shined the flashlight in the water and there were 1000s of little 2inch long minnows all over. Hard to compete with that.

Post Thanks / Like

For whoever's interested I had a great day also. Not on the water on the softball diamond. We won 13 - 2. Now it's down to a one game series. To be continued Monday. Now to the lake tomorrow morning. Good luck everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice joe, thats a big lead you guys had there. You must have had a killer arm going there. I'll be out tomorrow afternoon, but bass fishin. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    For whoever's interested I had a great day also. Not on the water on the softball diamond. We won 13 - 2. Now it's down to a one game series. To be continued Monday. Now to the lake tomorrow morning. Good luck everyone.
    good job capt and good luck im taking my daughter to college today fish on sunday good luck on monday
    milt

Post Thanks / Like

Went out yesterday. It was a little rough in the morning. Not bad but you had to back off in the throttle a little bit. Went west out of S P to about 68 ft of water. My plan was to continue going west to deeper water but the waves and wind were pushing us towards Canada. Well we trolled with big boards, torpedo divers off one side, lead weights off the other. One long line and a downrigger. All worm harnesses except the downrigger and long line, Rynosky's. The only one was the downrigger that produced a Walleye. I changed some of the worm harnesses over to Rynoskys but no go. In hindsight maybe i should have trolled south west and that would have taken me to deeper water and more fish??? I did see fish on the fish finder where i was. ?? But i needed to find hungry ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I agree it was kind of rough in the morning, I was out that aways W to SW going for perch, got out there and started seeing small whitecaps what the heck! It eventually calmed down though. Man it gets tricky putting those live minnows on the hook when you are in waves LOL. Oh yeah I had poured myself a cup of tea from the thermos, set it down wave comes and tea is now all over bottom of boat haha.
    I bet I saw your boat I drove by a few walleye fisherman I could see out in the distance. I headed in around 11am or so, it started getting really HOT.

That's the first time I headed down that way, I'm beginning to realize just how big lake erie is.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Sir. It's a BIG lake. Lotta water to try to find some hungry fish. A little birdie told me my neighbor got 9 yesterday out of Dunkirk. I was going to go with him but i didn't want to get up at 3:30 am to leave.

Post Thanks / Like

Has there been anybody doing well at the head of the river in the Emerald Channel?

Dennis