how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 76 of 465 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Lineman....as long as your having fun thats what matters. I've always said that getting the fish is just a bonus as long as your enjoying the rest of the adventure, but a good day of catching sure doe's sweet'n the pot. What are you getting them on @ the gap? Are you running the wall, drifting etc. I'm always looking for some water to fish when the lake is to rough. Once the boat is in the water you have to get the lines wet somewhere lol. I might run out tonight for a few hours if my friend gets out of work on time. Keep ya posted if i do.

Post Thanks / Like

Running the wall to the opening into the sleel plt. or from the lite house across to the harbor towards the so. end marina, then north to just pass the pier/ grain silos. useing green or chartuse. harnesses off a 3 way with 2oz. lead. 24 -31 fow, nice on windy days !

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Thanks for the info Lineman....I know all the landmarks you stated. We use to launch at so. end marina for years @ the grain mills and pier. Is there still a launch there or is that all closed up now? It was 10 yrs. since I put a boat in the water there. It was'nt a pretty ramp but no crowds. Not hitting the water tonight but hoping for the 4th. Thanks again!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lineman49 View Post
    Ty, nice going on your fish catch. I was near the condos & only got 2 on Mon. I fished inside the so. gap this Am caugth 20 ended up with 4 keepers & a 14" perch chased by a 3+ ft. muskie! Had fun.
    I bet that perch was jumpin in ur boat lol. Muskies and big pike always get the blood pumping when they appear out of nowhere bostside.

I unfortunately caught a nasty "rockfish" in the river on Sunday, so I'm without a prop til my new one comes in or my buddy gets around to fixing mine. Whichever comes first. Ha ha.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool copo427ss

Have to ask you....camaro or chevelle?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ty-Lure View Post
    Have to ask you....camaro or chevelle?
    It was for the camaro copo. Which I never owned. Where I used to work back in the day had a 1969 unrestored trans am convertible. As well as a couple copo camaros. The guy does nothing but deal in gm muscle and parts. I sold my type Lt camaro a couple yrs ago. When I can afford to I think I'm gonna build a 30s-50s pro street truck next. Everyone has a camaro, Chevelle, and nova now a days. The screen name is my email address from way back in the day.
    Last edited by copo427ss; 07-03-2012 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Addon

Post Thanks / Like

Copo, I got a rockfish one 4th. of July. It cost me $2,100 to get repaired. Was not the best tasteing fish I ever had, left a bad taste !! I always wanted to get a older truck also, missed out on a "47 Ford" pickup a yr. ago. Had a" 55 Chevy" 2 dr. hardtop in the late 60's . Now I am in the 60's, life goes on.

Post Thanks / Like

Copo, I got a rockfish one 4th. of July. It cost me $2,100 to get repaired. Was not the best tasteing fish I ever had, left a bad taste !! I always wanted to get a older truck also, missed out on a "47 Ford" pickup a yr. ago. Had a" 55 Chevy" 2 dr. hardtop in the late 60's . Now I am in the 60's, life goes on.
    My friend has a 39 ford street/strip pickup he said he might sell me but I don't have the funds right now.
    Yeah the dinged up prop sucks. I know the river pretty good and what my boat drafts. There's a long shallow point that comes out in the west river after beaver island marina. I was way out from shore, just clicked into gear. I was explaining how tubing works while we were getting it ready. My cousin goes woah. Weeds we're shallow all of a sudden, I looked at where we were and and said we are fine then click click click! I forgot the hydro plant was drawing water. So it was a couple ft shallower than it should have been.
    But it happens. At least I didnt do that amount of damage that you did lineman. Sandy at rocky bottom told me to go with a different size and pitch prop anyways, said it would perform all around better. So my buddies fixing my prop so I'll have a spare now at least.

HAPPY 4TH TO EVERYONE and good luck fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I was on the west river when I hit mine, sm. world, but big rocks!! I did outdrive , internal water jacket damage , broke knuckles off old style OMC. drive, Not a pretty pic! Was going 3/4 speed at the time, thought the back of boat was blown off.

Post Thanks / Like

I was on the west river when I hit mine, sm. world, but big rocks!! I did outdrive , internal water jacket damage , broke knuckles off old style OMC. drive, Not a pretty pic! Was going 3/4 speed at the time, thought the back of boat was blown off.
    Ouch. Yeah there are some BIG rocks Hiding in those waters.
    my grandparents have a cottage in the 1000islands. There's rocks the size of vw buses up there. You can go from 90fow to 3 fow in 25ft.