how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Page 13 of 465 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

So the paper says to target walleye in the spring places does that mean where we got them during the day through june or the shoreline bite like early spring sure after this blow and cold front the water should cool and the comfort zone will be shallower. What launches are usable and for how long in the fall.

COCODRILLO Guest

Default fishkiller

Sent you a pm

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    So the paper says to target walleye in the spring places does that mean where we got them during the day through june or the shoreline bite like early spring sure after this blow and cold front the water should cool and the comfort zone will be shallower. What launches are usable and for how long in the fall.
    Ive been hearing that the fish are scattered...Im sure by now many of them have moved back West. If you fished in deeper water you might get a few hook ups but unlike june and july they are few and far between. To comment on your spring fishing question..Id fish spots like seneca shoal, Evans Bar and Myers reef at this point. Im sure there are a few eyes hanging around the structure in those areas. That is just my opinion.

The perch bite has been hot. Lots of numbers coming in between Sturgeon Point and the Catt.

As for myself, for the little time left I have left to fish in my boat I plan on targeting my troll around the creek mouths. This cold front and crappy weather will surely trigger a good steehead run.

I have to have my boat out of Sturgeon Point by Oct 15th. Im not sure when the actual launch closes. There are also a few DEC access points in the Catt creek. Not sure how long they remain open either. I mite look into that just so I have a place to launch for a week or two in Nov before I pack it up for the winter.

The official closing date for Sturgeon Pt. And the Small Boat Harbor is Oct. 15. There will not be any security. Although in the past they may leave one or two launching ramps in to use. I do not know about Erie Basin Marina or any other marina. There are still 12 good days of fishing left to get out. And hopefully many other after that.

went out today 105 perch same area as on the last post from last week. it was a little rough this morning but laid down by noon. probably my last day out now that hunting season is upon us.

We're going to have some good day's coming up. Slight winds, sunshine, and fine temperatures. Don't give up fishing yet. This may be the last chance before the marinas / harbors close on the 15 th. Everyone be safe.

Went out yesterday out of Sturgeon Pt. Fished only 1.5 miles west of the harbor. Was slow then picked up. Two of us were getting double headers for a while. Then I hooked something different.??? Pulled up a WALLEYE. He bit a minnow on a spreader. Things slowed down so we picked up and went further west about 4 to 5 miles to a pack of boats. It was pretty steady. A standard purch rig was working very well. We ended up with 56 purch and 1 walleye. I thought we had more than that. The DEC was checking licenses yesterday. I saw them at several locations. I had gotten my new one last Sun. At Dicks but it could be very easy to forget to get a new one. Fishkiller, not as good as you did but it was probably one of the best day's on the lake that I had in a l ~o~n~g time.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    Went out yesterday out of Sturgeon Pt. Fished only 1.5 miles west of the harbor. Was slow then picked up. Two of us were getting double headers for a while. Then I hooked something different.??? Pulled up a WALLEYE. He bit a minnow on a spreader. Things slowed down so we picked up and went further west about 4 to 5 miles to a pack of boats. It was pretty steady. A standard purch rig was working very well. We ended up with 56 purch and 1 walleye. I thought we had more than that. The DEC was checking licenses yesterday. I saw them at several locations. I had gotten my new one last Sun. At Dicks but it could be very easy to forget to get a new one. Fishkiller, not as good as you did but it was probably one of the best day's on the lake that I had in a l ~o~n~g time.
    I went out of Sturgeon as well. I saw a bunch of boats fishing for perch in several different spots. I was trolling for steelhead off of the Catt wall with no luck. Several boats were out doing the same and it didnt seem as though anybody was doing any good. There were good reports last week but that run has appearently went up the creek. However, I did get to enjoy a nice day on the lake weather wise..probably the final one for this year. Good luck.

Wink

It was a sad day for captainjoe on Monday. I took the boat from Sturgeon Pt. To Olson's in Derby. Had to take it out of comission for the winter. But on a brighter note I dropped it off and traded it in for another. I bit the bullet and spurred the economy. Now I'll have to work for another 25 years.

Well Joe dont keep us in suspense what did u get?