I've always doubled that number, I didn't realize it was controversial. Their wave height is measured from flat water to peak, it doesn't count trough. Personally, when I'm out in the boat, a wave is from bottom to top, cause it sure as hell feels that way! Plus on lake erie you get a fair number of those "rogue" waves, where you have 2 waves to combine and almost double in size. I'm sure I'm not telling anybody here anything new, but that's why when you have 1-3's out there you'll get the occasional 8 footer.

Anyway, the wind sucks this year! If it isn't raining it's windy. I haven't been out yet. I did stop down to the small boat harbor to check things out. I saw the new concrete ramps...talked to one guy launching his boat, really was surprised how wet his back tires got to launch his boat, and he wasn't a rookie. His third time launching and he says the new ramps suck! What is the process now for launching and retrieving? I saw ramps still by the old dugs dive, but the other set of ramps are now gone. They should have kept those in as well I think.