I've been Walleye fishing with my father and son the past 4 years. Mostly dipsy divers, planer boards, jets etc. This year I would like to pick up a couple of downriggers. Plan on purchasing 2 Cannon Mag10 STX's. I'm new to downrigger fishing and have read quite a bit with regards to choosing the correct ball. Fish mainly the Dunkirk to Sturgeon Point area. My concern is downrigger blowback especially when I fish the deeper areas of the lake. We may even try for Steelhead and Salmon on Lake Ontario where this may come into more of a factor. I'm just trying to purchase the right ball set up right from the beginning. Any recommendations on weight, style or manufactures would be helpful?

Also thinking of spending the money to buy a Fishhawk X4D. Interested to hear your thoughts on the Fishhawk.

Unfortunately I don't have the time to fish every day and prefer to have my son figure the water out on his own. Want to give him a couple of new tools to use - he seems to get a kick out of putting dad and I on fish. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.