walleye strategy walleye strategy walleye strategy walleye strategy
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

I always look at fish first thing (it's still dark or twilight when I leave launch) and get some options. Get set up before you hit your marks and most importantly, know where depth wise your baits are running! Color and whatever methods is always less important then putting baits where the need to be. They add to presentation ofcourse though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHead View Post
    I always look at fish first thing (it's still dark or twilight when I leave launch) and get some options. Get set up before you hit your marks and most importantly, know where depth wise your baits are running! Color and whatever methods is always less important then putting baits where the need to be. They add to presentation ofcourse though.
    Yeah, I have learned the "get your gear setup up" lesson myself. Aggravating as all get out knowing there are fish down there, and hurrying to get the gear out, it always is so much faster tying knots etc in a rocking boat, and you never drop anything. Depth being most important makes sense to me, and in my experience fishing walleyes other lakes probably speed up there as well. Thanks greenhead for the reply.