perching out of walnut perching out of walnut perching out of walnut perching out of walnut
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default perching out of walnut

When's the perch bite start replace the floor in my boat and would like an idea when I need it to b ready

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch

I'm a little ways west of walnut (just west of cleveland). We try to get out as early as possible but i would say around the first week in may for perch. Lets the air and water warm up a bit so you're not freezing out there

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info just got my own boat last year and wasn't sure when they turn on can't wait to get on the water

Post Thanks / Like

I would expect them to start hitting any day now. Im gonna head out in a week or so maybe even this week to see what is happening.

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck can u post you're results I'm looking forward to coming up but I don't want to waste my time being I'm 2 1/2 hours away thanks for any info

Post Thanks / Like

Sure will. Gonna head out to Oak Harbor a couple times this week to pre fish for the tourney. Walleye Eyes are hungry there now. Will keep you posted on the perch if I hear anything. You can also give Mike a call at Shines bait and Im sure he would give you some good info. He is at the E55 exit and is an excellent supply for bait and info.
    Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Perch out of Walnut

In the past week the Yellow Perch have left the area...Friday was Slow, Sat. was Very slow and Sunday was non-existent. Burned 5-7 gallons each day looking, so was very expensive effort with little results...but that's fishing.
    Trolling for walleye was better but the white bass made that a test of endurance rather than a pleasant expedition.

Cheers, DocWet, (The Right Stuff)

Post Thanks / Like

Is this normal with this Time of year didn't start perching till late July last year and we always got on them. As far as trolling for walleye I trolled for a couple hours on Friday with my girlfriend and after getting all the lines out on the boards twice and all I got was silver bass I gave up too much work for one guy. Hopefully get back up after the 4th any help is appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

I know its always hot in Connie/Ashtabula for eyes and perch. Around here its tougher it seems. Some days you can be on them and next notta chance. On facebook watch the head boats post there days catch for perch. They've been sporadic as well.
    As for the eyes, they're on fire right now and anywhere from 39-65fow. Like that 25-30 foot range.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting the information guys. First trip in from Central PA, this year. We planned to target perch this weekend, but sounds like we should try 'eyes on first. Thanks again.