With it being the peak of the walleye season out of fairport, i was able to fish friday & saturday. It was a good weekend, weather & fish-wise. I fished friday from 3-10 & saturday from 7-10. Friday we were able to pull 15 walleyes, 7 perch & a steelhead while saturday produced 9 walleyes. We lost an additional 2-3 walleyes a trip, generally due to hooks pulling out although one did snap off, joining a few others wearing face metal over the past few years.

Fridays' bite was generally on orange/silver nk-28's fished behind big dipsy's at 175 out on a 3.5 setting. All the 40 jet's/stinger combo's off of the boards took was perch. Everything was deep and the fishing was very slow until 9 pm when all hell broke loose and i think we landed 12 fish in an hour. Only missed a limit by 3 fish which we had on but they came unbuttoned.

With it being so slow friday afternoon we opted for a later trip on saturday. A different day and the fish were going almost immediately after setting up. They were suspended so the diver's were not working well but there was a steady bite on the board's/stingers.

I was alone all weekend as no one opted to fish out deeper, how much this port has changed over the last 20 years. I remember fishing the mentor cardinal catch and all the boats when people actually fished out of this port. I was north of the river mouth in 65-71 fow, i generally hit dead water at the low-light peak time when i ventured into 73 fow. It's about 6-7 miles out of port, not a bad run on a flat lake.