Quote Originally Posted by Bananastix4 View Post
Fish are in this area your reef runners were set really high. probably should be in the 80 to 120 back. What was your speed? As for the 3oz alright to use. Most guys run dipseys, because it is a far better presentation. More accuracy for repetition. We were out Friday evening and only managed two before the storm. Fished another spot on Sunday afternoon and iced down 14 and a perch. Presentations were crank baits off of in-lines and dipseys with crawlers. Chartreuse and purple and black were the colors.
i got two on the reef runners but that was what i thought you would say wasnt out far enough.speed kept changing from .5 to 1.0 1.5 .i had the 3oz weights out about 30 to 35 ' was that far enough or should they have been farler out more how far from elk have you fished we where close we could see the point off of elk when we slowed to about .5 to 1.0 was when they would hit . we got storm off at 2:30 we where there at 5:30 or 6:00 to then i didnt think that was a bad day for two rookies out there. do you. we where in a tan brown tracker if you saw it could keep boat stright enough to use planer boards so we went with what we could you where right we where happy with what we got .if i fished the lake here may have got one keeper if any .thanks for the info .try 38fow .all the boats that where close to shore move out when they saw us start getting them and i mean all of them