I want to take a little poll here so please reply to this message or email me direct with your answer if you are not registered to post on walleye.com.

My poll is this: how many of you use planer boards? I have not used them on my boat, but in the last week I have acquired a set of boards for quite cheap by shopping yard sales and a good friend giving me a mast. If you use boards, do you catch a lot of walleye with them or a lot of junk fish? I am not interested in catching steelhead trout. I don't like eating them and they usually cause me big headaches by tangling up my wire lines with dipsys on them. If you use boards and you do catch a lot of walleye off from them, what are you using for lures? Do you use lead weights in front of them? Wire line or mono? How many lines total do you usually run and how often do you get big tangles? I am fishing out of an 18.5' Lund boat and am just a sport fisherman who loves fishing for walleye and sharing the catch with friends and family. I am interested in learning new to me ways of catching fish. One more question for you guys and gals, do any of you go out to the walleye pack and drift fish with Erie Dearies or bottom bouncing lures? Please tell me how you do that, what lures you use, and how succesful you are catching walleye. My email address is [email protected] so if you want to swap emails and fishing hints I would like hearing from you. Thanks in advance.
Tom

ps...friends tell me the walleye are still out there re:my last posts Ashtabula 'eyes. Working afternoon shift this week and night shift next week. May try to get out next week and try out planer board fishing. Good luck to all.