Geneva 6/16 Geneva 6/16 Geneva 6/16 Geneva 6/16
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Geneva 6/16

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Geneva 6/16

Congratulations and thanks so much for sharing! Great to know that there are fish to be had at a wide range of depths. Specifically though, that the bigger grade of fish are deep already. Not surprised as water temps were a month ahead of normal out west.

Many like the eaters better and that is cool and understandable. With only going a few trips a year for me.......I'll e
    Take the big ones and be happier with the much larger bags of fillets. 😋

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done getting 3 limits in only a few hours. Sounds like the fishing is great with some sorting. Hope that we can do the same and getting 12 per boat will only take a few hours.

Am excited as are my guests. Thank you again to all who post and share 🙂

Continued safe fishing and tight lines!

Post Thanks / Like

Bringing my boys (7,9) and nephew up to launch @ the Geneva Marina this Friday and Saturday. Anyone got intel on direction and FOW? Worm-burners? Colors on spoons doing good this week?

Post Thanks / Like

72' to 76' of water seems to be best straight North out of the harbor. concentrate on the 50' deep fish they have been the most active. spoons in blues, greens with silver backs have been working best for us. with shallow running cranks off the dipseys also. don't use worms so can't comment on them. there will be plenty of boats out there to use as reference. angle east if you need to stray E or W. tight lines................

Post Thanks / Like

PFK is right. Same depth is good all the way past Ashtabula. We also picked up a lot of fish deeper in the water column at 60-70 down. I don't use worms either but if you put them at the right depth you'll get them. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickpaolini81 View Post
    Bringing my boys (7,9) and nephew up to launch @ the Geneva Marina this Friday and Saturday. Anyone got intel on direction and FOW? Worm-burners? Colors on spoons doing good this week?
    I'm not getting to fish this year. but this time of year I recommend starting around 74' of water and fishing deep. if the wind allows try trolling north 1st. we just run straight north out of the harbor. we use large spoons with lite bite slide divers but just use a 7' leader. our absolute best spoon has been the Dreamweaver dw purple alewife spoon. but we use a lot of spoons with purple but catch many fish on other colors. we run 2 downriggers set at 50' and 55' and the bandit sunspot has been the best crank on our riggers. 2.7 to 3.0 has worked great running spoons. purple is always a good color add a little black and it's FISH ON.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Nick. I answered your message but am not 100% confident it worked. Text me if it didn't or if you'd like to exchange some more info. 607-857-4628.
    Best wishes.

-Don

Post Thanks / Like

Fished out of Geneva on Saturday 7/20 and what a beautiful day. Midges got thick around 11ish and we quit then, but the kiddos got 24 keepers trolling 70-75 fow straight north outta the launch. Spoons (any color) and worm burners were constant. City of boats out there......

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on a great day with the kids!

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone got intel to share about Geneva?