Doug,
I have trolled like you state with deepest inside and shallowest outside. I understand what you are trying to do by minimizing the angles to pull outside over the others. I can tell you the system can work pulling lures, until you hook a FO on the outside and it doesn't want to be dragged up in the water. I have had that fish come through the other 2 lines and cause a great tangle. We got the fish in and untangle the lines, but lost the time doing that unless you have other rods to throw out during those times. It still is frustrating.

Now other systems have the shortest leads inside and longest leads outside. As long as you are using that system, you can make it work within what you are trying to do. Say inside set at 60, then 80 then 100 on the outside. This might give you enough room to make it work. This way that fish on the outside is far behing the other lines until you line him up in the chute. You have to have that 20 feet of length separation or I think the tangles are ineveitable. Unless you just hook the good eating sized walleye.

I think I will buy Chip Gross book also.
Rickerd