I think you're over-complicating it. I use inline planer boards, 2 oz snap weights, and the Precision Trolling app's 50+2 data to set my lure depths with a line counter reel. Shallow on the outside, deeper to the inside. Use your electronics to determine what depth the fish are at and run the lures above them. Walleye feed upwards. I always try to fish with the wind no matter what direction its blowing, but a North or East wind is always tough fishing. If the wind is light, fish whatever direction you want. Mark Romanack of Fishing 411 and other pros advocate trolling with the wind. I've had success doing it. There are guys who will say different and that's fine, but I tend to take advice from people who make a living at it versus random keyboard warriors. Every once in a while I'll change speed and/or direction trying to find what they want but I don't run rigid schedule to make turns. When you make S-turns you're trying to see if they want a faster or slower presentation. Once you figure out the speed then you can play with lures and colors to dial in a program.

Check out YouTube videos from Mark Romanack (Fishing 411), and Ross Robertson (BigWater Fishing).

Wind from the North; do not go forth
Wind from the East; fish bite least
Wind from the West; fish bite best
Wind from the South; blows the bait in their mouth.

That's an old proverb and it seems to hold true.