Before you read my report let me get on my soapbox. If you're reading reports, but not sharing (successes or failures) it doesn't help the walleye community. We all want to have a successful day on the water so I implore more of you reading these posts to please share info. ODNR estimates the 2018 walleye population at about 15 million with a 2017 catch total of 1.3 million in Ohio waters. My point is this is the best fishing in 30 years and there is plenty for us all. Help out your fellow anglers to put them in the right area with a good program.

I took two friends out of Sheffield Lake yesterday. We managed three tickets over 7 hours, but the bite was slow. I hadn't been in the area for a few weeks and they sure have moved. I haven't seen anyone sharing information for this area so we took a gamble they were still around. Everything we marked was scattered, but consistently between 30-37 feet deep no matter the lake depth. We searched from 40 to 52 fow. We ran four dipsy divers with Stinger spoons between 28-35 feet and two Reef Runners on inline boards at about 25 feet. All produced fish with the spoons getting more junk as you would expect. We had a few shorts with the keepers between 16-22". No particular color stood out beyond another. I went through a ton of gear to find the magic color to no avail. We saw a huge pack farther east off Avon Point/Bay Village, but didn't care to investigate. Not sure if they were drifting for eyes or perch, but I wanted no part of it.

Next weekend is looking like a N to NNE wind so we'll see...