For the last 4 weeks I have been dragging my 17 foot tracker up to Catawba to perch fish. In reflection it amazes me what I will put up with to catch a damn perch. Bobbing around in 3 and 4 foot waves in a v hull bass boat, watching the waves wash over the transom and hearing the pump run every ten minutes while anchored. This to catch 15 or 20 perch after culling the 150 that didn't make 9 inches. Besides being uncomfortable and unsafe it is a pain in the butt to drag a boat clear over there, especially when I have a real Lake Erie boat in the rack at Copper Kettle. My solution to this dilemma is Saturday morning I am getting in my sport craft at 8 am and heading north till I find a school of feeding perch. The only thing that will stop me is the Canadian border, and if I get that far I will head east. "PERCH OR BUST"

PS. What brought this up is, I was making my normal Friday morning phone calls to the bait shops to check on the reports. Georges bait and tackle reported the normal gloom and doom, but when I called Central bait the guy started chewing me out. He said all you guys keep calling to find out how the fishing is, and nobody goes out to see if they are biting or not! Don't know who answered the phone, but he got my attention.