Belt squeal? Belt squeal? Belt squeal? Belt squeal?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Belt squeal?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would take the old belt to Advance Auto parts or Auto Zone and have them check the overall diameter and width as well as the grippers on the inside. It is most likely a standard GM issued Belt but will cost you less than 1/2 as much as a Mercrusier belt. Napa would be my next choice as they sell the Sierra brand marine parts. Dubbert Marine carries mercruiser parts and may have one in stock.

Those engines come completely assembled, belts and all from the various engine manufacturers ready to install into the new hull. If the belt number is still visable they will be able to cross refernce it, it most likely will be the GM marine number(same number as a car or truck belt with an added letter or 2) on it unless it has been changed before. I am assuming it is a GM 6.2L/377CID stroker engine.

If it is a Bravo Out Drive and 2000 or newer this is the listed Mercruiser part number for the serpentine belt. This belt will also work with an Alpha Drive with the raw water pump mounted on the bottom of the engine on a bracket like the Bravo uses. Here is the link. http://www.michiganmotorz.com/mercru...nt-p-3511.html

I hope this helps you!
    Last edited by wakina; 06-22-2015 at 08:08 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip