JETS & TRU-TRIP 40's JETS & TRU-TRIP 40's JETS & TRU-TRIP 40's JETS & TRU-TRIP 40's
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Ebijack,looked at my boards yesterday and illustration of Offshore new boards.Looks like eyelet on new boards is halfway down on the front of the board.On our boards with the tattle flag that goes up and down,the eyelet is on rear of board but near top edge.To move eyelet down to middle will have to place through piece of black plastic that holds Styrofoam in place.Would you mind send photo of where eyelet placed back of board.Thanks
    Easy Bob. I removed those black plastic pieces. Never found that I needed them to hold the flag for storage. You can make/cut washers out of those when making your tattle flags so the flags rotate without tightening the screw. If that makes sense.
    Use a 1/16" ? drill bit. The diameter of the eyelet screw shank, smaller than the threads. Drill thru from the front side where you removed the eyelet from the front side. It's just plastic. No problems. Screw in eyelet. It should be directly opposite the original hole.
    Also, if you have some crimps, #30 braid. You can eliminate the wire that pulls the rear clip/flag. I switched that a few years ago also. No more bent wires to straighten. Works as good or better.
    Last edited by ebijack; 01-26-2018 at 04:56 AM.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.