I am relatively new to fishing Erie and starting to get the trolling things figured out. Did ok last couple times anyway, I'm due for a skunk to bring down my confidence...lol Anyway Im going to get to come up around September 1st and try for some perch, if weather permits I'll be bringing my boat. I have read up on and tied some skipper 9 rigs and I realize fish will move between now and then. My questions are more about how to fish for them. When people say d-can ...for instance Is there a ledge or a hole? Do you anchor in the hole or on top and let the wind swing you over it? Do you just anchor up and let them come to you. Ive heard leave the motor running is this true? Do you just run around d-can looking for marks. What about presentation? Should I be jigging the minnow, leave it on the bottom or let the waves provide the action. How many people use attractants like the eggshell thing or is that an ice thing. Sorry all the questions, they just keep popping in my head. Anyways THANK YOU to everyone that contributes to these boards. It makes a world of difference to us guys that get to fish it 2 or 3 times a year.