Quote Originally Posted by SheepDog View Post
Hi there,I have alot to learn,what are tru trips,I am new at all of this,I have been running large plainer boards with 2-3 oz bottom bouncers with crawler harnesses,and trolling reef runners next to the boat about 40 back,this is a whole new world to me,but I love the lake.thanks sheepdog.
Tru Trips are a jet diver used to get your bait to a certain depth. How are you fishing those bottom bouncers? If you are fishing them right off the bottom you may be pulling your baits below the fish. Walleyes feed up if pulling your baits below them your not going to get bit. Get those reef runners away from the boat you will have more success. You need to get the precision trolling app or find a book so you know much line to let out to get your baits to targeted depth. Make sure you control your speed. Look at your depth finder to see what depth the fish are at and run your baits at 5-7 ft above them. I hope this helps. This is just a little primer of what you need to know for trolling for those eyes. I have been doing it for 7 years and still consider myself a rookie I'm always leaning some something new.