I’ve been reading these post for the last couple years but have never posted one of my fishing reports so I’m finally going to do my part and share. I’m not an experienced Lake Erie fisherman but this forum has done a great job of educating me on how to get started.

I spend several hours one night this winter reading over a month of last year’s reports for this time of year and writing down lure types, distances, water temps, speeds, etc. A HUGE “thank you” to all of you who post here but a special thanks to Capt Jules, Skipper9 and Wakina. The information you share is nothing short of amazing. I went out and bought an assortment of gear, lures and put a 9.9 kicker on my 18’ Crestliner.

Saturday my oldest son, a buddy and I went out for our first trolling attempt. What an awesome day! We limited out in a little less than 5 hours with an average fish size of 6.8 lbs. On Sunday, I took the wife and all three kids (14, 12 & 8 – not listing wife’s age) and we did really well, catching 11 in 3.5 hours with an average weight of 6.7 lbs. I had never caught a fish Ohio before this weekend and we ended the weekend with 9 of them with the longest being a little over 31”.

Perfect 10’s at 20/20 to 30/30 were the ticket and a green lantern RR. Had some luck with Husky Jerk’s too but I was running them too deep based on the other reports here. Started out around 1.3 mph but things heated up when I moved up to 1.6-1.8 mph.

Thanks again for all your helpful posts!

Hope to make it out this weekend!