Best breading/oil Best breading/oil Best breading/oil Best breading/oil
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EYEFISH4FOOD View Post
    Hi guys.... Just wanted some input on what you guys think is the best breading out there for these lovely walleye i have in my freezer. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. My personal experience is canola oil and shore lunch breading. Anyone have any other ideas as to what tastes better? Please let us all know so we can all try something different this season. Thanks!!!
    IMO you've already got the combo!
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Post Thanks / Like

Cleaned fillets, put pieces into 1/2 & 1/2 with eggs, dredge in home made batter. Put into zip lock/then fridge for around 30 minutes. Makes batter adhere much better, then fry in clear frying oil. Over the years I found an electric fryer to be a lot easier than my propane fryer and really easier than my cast iron pan. But that is me.

I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Post Thanks / Like

I threatened to disown my son-in-law out in Colorado when I found out he was hitting my beautiful walleye filets with cajun crap. Catfish or bass maybe but not the golden walleye I risked my life to bring to the table. They deserve a little more respect. (Can I hear a little Amen?)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Ed View Post
    I threatened to disown my son-in-law out in Colorado when I found out he was hitting my beautiful walleye filets with cajun crap. Catfish or bass maybe but not the golden walleye I risked my life to bring to the table. They deserve a little more respect. (Can I hear a little Amen?)
    Agreed!!!!