I have 4 of the Bert's Custom Tackle Pro-Series cradle rod holders. I just love them but! I don't know if any of you fellow fishermen have or use any of these or not. If you do please check the bottom of the riser base plate for broken or loose screws, there are 3 10-24 machine screws that go thru the base plate and hold the vertical post that the rod holder sets in to the base plate which engages the track.

I don't know if the manufacturer over tightened the 3 screws or if they were loose and worked their way out and got caught in the bolt holes that attach the track to the boat. All 4 had 2 broken screws leaving only one screw to hold the vertical piece to the base. I replaced all the screws broken or not with stainless screws from my local hardware store and added a thread locker to stop them from backing out. Had the last screw broke it would have allowed my rod and reel to go over board. This post is to inform all of you that there could be a problem with yours that could ultimately spoil your day.

Here is a link so you can see the holder I am referring to.

http://www.walleyetacklestore.com/mf3387.html