Are there any bait stores that are open in the morning early enough to actually matter? It seems that many of them open at 6:00 am. We have been on the ice by 5:30-5:45 and people are being turned away at the entrance of Catawba by then. We have been fortunate enough to get bait the day before usually, but what happens when I can't get to town until 9:00pm the night before and want to go out the next morning?

If people are going to the bait stores at 6:00 am, where are they going out of that there is still parking that late? I have a full size truck with a 16' trailer with 4 snowmobiles... There isn't a spot available at any of the put-ins that I know of by 6:00 am.

Catawba lot is usually full and people coming in leave due to no parking by 5:30 - 5:45 am on weekends.

Crane Creek has a lot more parking, but is full and no parking available by 6:00-6:30

Camp Perry is about the same as Crane Creek.

In no way would I ever want to say or do anything against any bait store, I am just asking if there are any that open early enough that you can get bait in the morning and still go out?

-Matt