Quote Originally Posted by Walleye_Rick View Post
Welcome Ted. Thanks for joining and for your future contributions to the site. Everyone benefits.
Ted, Welcome!

Most of us in here are rookies, I'm the biggest one. If I catch fish and am successful it is because of the help that I receive from others in here and on the water, mostly Skipper9. Many others in here are helpful and have given me good advice too, but I happen to be in the same marina as Skipper9 and he has made me enjoy trolling (which I NEVER thought I would do!)

I have been fishing Lake Erie for over 30 years, my father for over 60, and my grandfather (94) made it out once last year for probably his last time, but he has had a boat on Lake Erie for over 60 years.

These guys convinced me to throw in the towel and "try" trolling about 4 years ago. I figured I'd try it. Now, I like to think that I am pretty good at it but only because of the help and advice I get from this site.

By the way, my grandfather of 94 years old, my father and brother and myself have all caught our personal bests with all of us over the 31-32" walleye now that we caught trolling. And when I see the rod go down, I grab the rod, and I reel in a 32" walleye... It is MY fish, not anyone else's!

-Matt