Did not have the boat to get far out for the 'Eyes, so heard some Perch were to be had around the Toledo Lighthouse. Found the pack spread out from the fisrt set of bouys past the lighthouse (red can marked #20) to two sets past that. Everyone was staddling the channel on either side, within fifty yards of the channel. Depth varied, just stick to sides of channel.

Fishing was steady in the early morning and heated up around noon (just as I had to leave). Green and gold blades on the spreaders seemed to be preferred by the fish tipped with shiners. Was about a 50/50 mix of keepers as I don't keep any under seven inches and pleased to report only two sheephead, no whitebass, no 'eyes. Wind was light out of west producing only one footers and the sun was bright.

Hope this helps for some of us that can't chase the Walleye far to get out and get some fish. Took a first timer, which I recommend you all do during the perching season. Keep our sport thriving and you will get that first time feeling yourself that got you hooked.