Got a late start today and finally got away from the dock at 11:30. Was going to go to the Green Rattlesnake area but my dock partner just retuned from that area with little to show for their effort. Heard there was a bite happening at D can so headed there. Must have got there to late as I only got 2 in 1.5 hrs so I decided to look for some eyes. Went NE from D can ending up close to the border almost due east of C can. Marked a few fish that appeared to be eyes so set lines and started to troll to the NNE. Picked up 3 then made the move back to the starting point and made another troll on the same track and picked up 2 more. Made one more pass and got the last one. Was 3 and 3 on brown gold hatchet blade and Antifreeze Anti-Hotrod hatchet blade. 1.8 to 2.2 GPS speed 55 back with trutrip 40. All were about the same size running about 20", just good eaters.

Had a few hrs left so headed to C can. Stopped on a hump almost due east of C can to look for perch. This hump is clearly visable on most GPS units, it is almost due east of C can on the firing range. There were several pods of what looked like perch so I decided to anchor and give it a try. Started a slow pick of super nice perch with spurts of 5 or 6 then back to the slow pick. Finally manage my 30 fish and got back to the dock before 8:00. They weighed 14lbs at the Cleaners.

So what started off as a bad day turned out well even if it was a longer than planned for day of fishing.

I also had reports of a down and up bite at B can and it sounded like it was good most of the day with a few short lulls in the bite. Heard that at the Marina and at the Cleaners as well.