Went fishing for walleye today with Marc Schulte, a fella that I often share information with, and his friend, Dan. We got a late start this morning, due to the fact that I had to get something replaced on my truck. That work didn't take very long, so I called and told them to meet me at my house and we would drive over to Huron together. We were launching and out the channel at 10:47.

I headed over to a spot that I fished this past Friday and it was game on from the time we set lines to the time we pulled lines 3 1/2 hours later! We caught walleye, sheephead, catfish, white perch, and white bass (the junk fish bite wasn't that bad though). It was exhausting trying to set the Off Shore boards out in a timely fashion. There were several times where all the rods were laying around the boat waiting to get re-rigged and sent out again. It wasn't too often where we got to sit down and relax for a few minutes. It was fun being able to be one of the folks who gets to reel a piggy in instead of just netting it for someone else. I forgot how much fun that can be...it was a nice refresher course to understand what my clients are feeling. lol

I had a great time, and feel redeemed after the flop of a guide trip for Smallies yesterday. The fishing was fantastic today, but it's supposed to blow out of the north pretty good tomorrow.... I'm not so sure those fish "inside" are going to hang out there much longer if it muddies up in there. Quite frankly, I was surprised to find them there again today. We just took a shot at the spot before we headed out to deeper water.

Ended our short trip at 2:15 and had 14 nice walleye in the cooler to show for our hard work.

We ran the same program as all my other blog postings...41 back with 1 oz inlines and 20-45 back with #2 Tadpoles. Every color took fish, so it wasn't a magic color...I think there were just a lot of fish in there and if it came by them, they took a swipe at it. They were not engulfing the baits by any means, and we got lucky a couple of times getting the fish in the net before the hooks came out of their mouths.

Thanks Marc Schulte and Dan Carper for a fun "short day"! I appreciate it.

The next trip was scheduled for Thursday, but was rescheduled to to unforeseen circumstances. So, the next scheduled trip is not until Saturday, where I will once again be fishing with a previous customer from last week, who wanted to bring his Dad back for some walleye fun.

Stay tuned....

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html