I don't zip my fillets. I don't care that others do, obviously it is simply a personal preference. I am not sure why so many people who do zip them are bound to change the minds of those who do not, as if we haven't been fully enlightened and they feel the need to bring us into their circle of light and allow us to be amazed by what we have been missing.

Again, there is nothing wrong with zipping the fillets, except for the fact that it is illegal when doing it before you are home, and I don't think any poor thoughts toward those that do...

So with having said that, I like the fillet whole. I eat the whole thing with no complaints. I have yet to have anyone complain about the taste of walleye because I didn't zip them. The bones come out easier and quicker when cooked than zipping them out when filleting them... So if me and my family enjoy that meat that you throw away, and we like to have the fillets look like fish instead of chicken strips, why is it that people keep trying to convince me to zip fillets?

It's like they feel the need to "help" me in my lack of wisdom and understanding.

So here you go. I am asking you to explain. I will listen...

-Matt