Quote Originally Posted by fishhead315 View Post
You have no clue . Bet you have never kept a female walleye anytime of the year weather it be 18 inches or 30 inches ? Funny that the ice season and spring fishing were banner years for walleyes and the bite east of the Islands has been outstanding as well . Yep no eyes left in Erie. Time to find a new lake to fish .

Dale
The big problem with this post is Dale doesn't know how to analyze OR read. The original post stated MICHIGAN waters, and trust me, I've been fishing LE for 21 years and it has changed, due to GLOBAL WARMING. My catch rate is down as is that of a number of fishermen I know as well as most of the MI charter captains. I've caught more sheepshead and white perch than walleye the past three years and my catch rate (# or fish/ trip) is substantially down. White perch ( a warm water species) has exploded in LE. Charter captains out of Michigan ports used to take 36 walleye in the morning and 36 more in the evening (asuming 6 guests) (60 each when the limit was 10/angler). That RARELY happens now. Additionally, Ohio captains used to line up on the MI-OH line to fish AND I used to have to pay close attention to the drift of my boat to stay out of the way of other boats. That is past history, there are very few boats fishing MI waters compared to 4 years ago. THe reason in my opinion is that the lake is warming too quickly. The fish are moving east sooner. July used to be the best month but now it's May and/or early June. Quite a few MI anglers are switching to yellow perch on the 4th of July because we don't want the 25 mi run to West Sister. We rarely had to make that run in the past, now it's almost necessary mid June and beyond.