As a moderator on Walleye Central, it's always a pleasure when I get to meet one of the members, but even more fun when I get to fish with one of them!

Karl Scherer and his nephew, Anthony, met me at Catawba launch this morning at 9am. Because of winds early this morning, we opted for the later launch time.

We headed up to the west side of Middle Bass, where I had success the previous trip out, and a friend had done very well there yesterday too.

Same program as usual (see previous reports)...nothing new there.

After picking away at 7 nice eaters, we picked it all up and headed up towards the west side of North Bass. As I was looking around, Karl reminded me that he and Anthony had their Canadian Licenses. WooooHoooo!! That made me happy, because I had forgotten about that, and I have been wanting to get up there to fish for weeks now!

We headed north, passing through a very large pack of big charter boats that were mostly drift casting on the US side of the line, and headed for the "chicks". I stopped to look at the sonar two or three times and didn't mark anything, so I put the Ranger on plane and headed towards the "Wagon Wheel". There were a few boats trolling the area, so I set in on the outside of them, and we set lines. It wasn't long before the first fish was on and it turned out to be Anthony's biggest walleye of his life. Not huge, but a good sized 5-6 pounder. We caught 11 fish in an hour and a half up there, so it was a lot of fun. Also, there were very few junk fish compared to the US side. Woot! Woot!

I just want to say what a pleasure it was fishing with these two gentlemen. Both have a lot of experience trolling for Salmon, so the trolling gig wasn't new to them, but trolling for walleye was. So, to make a long story short, these guys learned how I do things very quickly, and most of the day all I did was make sure I wasn't going to hit another boat. They did all the line setting, taking the Off Shore boards off for each other, and netting each other's fish. It was a very fun and relaxing day for me, and I know they had a lot of fun too.

We took our time coming back in and loaded out with ease, since there were very few people clogging up the launch at that time. So, in my opinion, today was a fantastic day of fishing on Lake Erie. Can't wait to do it again tomorrow!

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html

Stay tuned....