New leads; same results New leads; same results New leads; same results New leads; same results
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New leads; same results

Went about 1 1/2 miles SW of the rattles after fighting white bass for almost an hour next to Green. Trolled with the wind toward West Reef. Bright Scorpion spoons back 38' to 42' on 40 Jets off the Walleye boards and flat lines with 40 Jets and Scorpions back 101'. Stopped with 15 nice eyes as the wind picked up to 20+ mph. Sorry but I want to be comfortable when I fish. It was a bumpy 40 minute ride thru 4 footers back to Catawba but everyone was happy including me and we cannot wait to do it again.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Travel

I agree, it's not much fun in 4 ft waves, but good job on the fish!

I see you are from Warren and am curious if you travel back and forth to the Lake or if you have a place you stay while fishing? I make the drive from Hilliard on most weekends and get a room every now and then but normally drive up and back the same day. One of these days I'm going to get a larger boat so I can stay over night on it. Just wondering, if it's something you care to share.

Thanks for the report!

Post Thanks / Like

On most days I drive the 123 miles up and 123 miles back because I like my own bed and I have a beautiful wife waiting for me. I park my boat at Jeannetts Bait on Weyhe Rd. 0.7 miles north of the entrance to Catawba S.P. Talk to Lowell there about parking there. Great people.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Traveling to fish

About the same distance for me, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who does it on a regular basis. And yes, there is nothing like my tempurpedic mattress.

I have thought about parking the boat but worry about all my equipment and if I had to remove it all, it would not be worth the hassle either. I've had my eye on a 27 ft sportcraft that would be great to dock over by my hero's from this site. Still in the dream stage but getting closer all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you guys on the travel, but I remind myself that it could be much further. When we run to Catawba is 158 miles each way but very "doable" for single day trips with the gang. I'm sure we will be up this Sunday weather permitting. 3 baseball games for my boys this Saturday or we would be up there for the whole weekend.

Nice report Doc. Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Default traveling to the lake

Why not check into buying a trailer. I'm set up here in Marblehead at a rv park. Very good rates. Get a couple of your friends to go in with you. Place to park your boat, great fish cleaning station, public showers, heated pool and great neighbors.

Post Thanks / Like

What do you think Dr Ed. I'm game if you are. Alexandra is still talking about what a nice man you are. Happy Fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

My question to you is did Alexandra catch her fish? After talking to you we pulled 15 keepers.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, she caught her 6, but 2 were a little smaller and had to be given back to the lake. All she talked about was Dr Ed and where he said to fish, Alexandra even had you in her sights and said I should follow you. It was a great day and we had lots of fun. Good memories for Father's Day. Thanks for the info you gave us.