Okuma Magda Pro or Daiwa AccudepthPlus Okuma Magda Pro or Daiwa AccudepthPlus Okuma Magda Pro or Daiwa AccudepthPlus Okuma Magda Pro or Daiwa AccudepthPlus
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Buying American

made products does not mean better quality products these days at all . Look at GM right now with all the recalls . Some that were known to have had problems before even leaving the factory . A lot more money there then a 35.00 reel . Last time I looked , Honda, Toyota, and other foriegn made cars had a lot better rating then our US made cars.

Using the word "Pro" is used a lot these days even in the fishing industary . You now have the money to buy a Ranger or Lund and you fish tournaments , and all of the sudden you are a "Pro" . Yeah so you think !!!

Anyone that does not do their homework and buys something simply because it has Pro in the title deserves what they get .

Our favorite cranks {ReefRunners} are now made in China . How many does everyone own ? 99% of the spinner blades we all love are pressed and made overseas as well as the hooks and all the other goodies we use .

People get hooked on brands and become snobs against any other brand because they believe theirs is the best . Happens with fishing stuff , guns, and cars and trucks such as the Ford vs Chevy debate .

Back to the reel question , I have 18 Okumas Magda Pros that are 8 years old and have never had a problem . On the other hand , I have buddies that have the Diawa Accudepths and have had many problems since day one .

Are there better reels out there then Okuma ? Im sure there is . Buy and use what works for you with the funds you have to spend and take care of them . Every winter my Okumas get taken apart and cleaned and lubed for the next season and preform just fine for me .

Dale
    Last edited by fishhead315; 06-20-2014 at 09:59 PM.
    36 Foot Sportcraft
    Ranger 620
    Lowrance 104
    Ciscos

Reefrunners