Quote Originally Posted by OffShore24 View Post
Diawa is made all over china, korea, malaysia etc. I have not researched to see where others are made. That is my next step which i will do prior to buying new reels. However because of Okuma's junk, lieing tactics, and poor service I researched them. That is when I found out that they are a FOREIGNED OWNED COMPANY. Where an item is made is very important to me. However buying from a foreign company versus a good ole USA company matters as well!!! (possibly even more). So if I am faced w/ buying a foreign made products because that is all that is available then it will surely be from the USA owned company Not the Chinese or any other for that matter.

Just me doing my part and staying LOYAL to my fellow Americans. I am business owner myself. I know what it cost to lose a customer!!!
I like the way you think, but I believe the American companies who move factories over seas are the worst offenders. I try to buy American Made whenever possible and foreign made for an American company still takes jobs from Americans. It's nice to know some of us still try to support American jobs.