Saturday 6/7 Saturday 6/7 Saturday 6/7 Saturday 6/7
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Saturday 6/7

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Saturday 6/7

The wife and I got to the dock this morning about 6 am, got the boat ready for a couple of her friends from work who were supposed to arrive at 6:30. Got a text that they had a change of heart and would not be going today! (Docs Beach House)

So off we went to dreamcatchers baits to get some minnows and left the dock by 7am. My wife surprised me saying she wanted to try for walleyes first but I think she was just being kind as she knows that I prefer to walleye fish. So off to the same area as yesterday between D-can and F-can.

We went past the starting point for yesterday and started to fish north and west of Green. We sent out the first board with a # 7 UV PrettyPanties hatchet blade by Silver Streak on a worm harness. Put out the 2nd line with a #7 brown and gold XPS hatchet blade worm harness, the blade is no longer available but I have a large supply of spare blades. Both set at 25 back of the boards with Tru-trip 40 divers.

I was rigging the 3rd line when the first line had a pull back, nice 20" walleye. Just got that re-baited and the board attached and dangling and the second line fired, I netted a nice eye about 24". This continued back and forth with just 2 lines until we had 7 fish. Made a run back up and past our starting point and managed to set all 4 lines this time, we caught several white bass and sheepsheads before we got back to the waypoint where we started. Got one eye off of each line in rapid succession and the last eye came on the PrettyPanties blade about 5 min. later. I have fished the lake for many years and have never seen the eyes as aggressive as they were today. We were all by ourselves and the big pack had moved further NE of where it was yesterday. Program was Tru-trip 40 with crawler harnesses 25 to 28 back of Church TX-22 boards at 1.7 GPS speed.

We then cruised toward Niagara to perch fish but didn't mark much after a few passes there looking for fish. Those who were already there did not seem to be catching fish so we went on to C-can and dropped the hook about 100 yards east of the can. It was a slow pick of nice fish with several 10+" perch and we ended up with 47 perch that weighed 18Lbs at the cleaners, and who knows how many white bass and farm animals as they were unreal today.

It was just an awesome day on the lake with all of the fish that we caught. Even the white bass and sheepshead were fun to a point but they did finally manage to become a major PIA.
    Last edited by wakina; 06-07-2014 at 08:57 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip