trolling/diver help trolling/diver help trolling/diver help trolling/diver help
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 870 ExpressMag View Post
    thanks for the good info.....so if i run divers off of boards, i set the diver and harness or lure out there and put it out the desired distance per the counter, so it goes to my desired depth, once that amount of line is out i then clip the board to the line and let out more, so that the length of line i desire is from the board to the diver/lure, correct? so that means when i hook a fish and start bringing it in, when the board gets to my pole you have to stop reeling and remove it? on the counters, we thought about just getting the counters that clip to the poles and using our exisiting setups, and our thinking was if the counters are all the same and clip to the pole, they might be more consistant to each other?
    If you are using braided line the clip on counters do not work well, they work best with mono line, braid is to slippery and slides through the counter wheels without registering the line that slips through. In all reality the clip on counters are more accurate than line counter reels. They measure the line that passes thru the counter while the line counter reel measures line from the number of revolutions. Clip on counters are accurate even if your reel is only partially full.

Jet divers and tru- trip divers are to me the easiest to use. Dipsys move away from the boat and can be set for port or starboard but require more patience when setting them out. Tadpole divers are also easier to set out but both the dipsy diver and the tadpole will sink if you have to slow up or stop making them more likely to snag the bottom if your leads are longer than the water is deep and you are over a rocky bottom. Dipseys will also tumble if your speed gets to slow or if you are forced to stop. You must also remember that the various divers have their own unique dive cure and the lead length to obtain a certain depth for one type of diver will not be the same for a different type diver to acquire the same depth.
    Last edited by wakina; 06-06-2014 at 06:06 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip