A big shout out to Wayne Johnson for his last post. Following his lead, from Catawba I ran to a point half way between "E" can and "F", pointed the Holly Lucas at Green Island and the game was on. I was running out the third line when the first line took a hit. With only two on board the presentation was simple. Scorpion stinger spoons off 40 Jets back 45 feet off Church Walleye boards out both sides at 1.8 mph. Inside I ran Scorpion spoons off "0" Dipseys on a 3 setting back 54 feet. The starboard Dipsey took the first fish. The spoons that worked today were Helmut, Flo NASCAR, Jaeger Bomb and Pink Panties. Personally, I think any color would have worked today. We never changed a thing, had only one tangle and in a little over an hour I was heading for the barn.
Starting Wednesday thru Sunday I will be on the lake with an old fishing partner Dennis who chose to move to North Carolina but he really misses the walleye trips and the Saturday seafood buffet at Mon Ami. FYI, I monitor Ch. 79.