net stakes net stakes net stakes net stakes
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: net stakes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default net stakes

I just put a new Lowrance HDS-5 on my boat and on the gps chart, there are a bunch of net stakes out by the can. Can't rember which can. Was wondering if any one knows what they are and if there still there? Thought that the structure might hold fish if they are still there. If they are would it be to tuff to fish, getting hung up?

Post Thanks / Like

There are some on the chart between and north of B and C Cans I have never marked them or gotten hung up on them even though I have trolled that area maybe hundreds of times in the past.. They are probably no longer there as they would be very old and probably rotted away by now. Permanent net stakes I do not believe are legal anymore. But those on the chart are remnant's of days gone by from the commercial fishing industry. Remember that, those stakes were put there permanently for a reason, that area always held the fish the commercial fishermen were after. That is a hint for anyone reading this reply.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks ....Wikina that makes sense, if it was good enough for them. I guess I'll give it a try. Going out tomorrow. Thanks Again