5/17/14 Trolling with the Shremshock Brothers..:) 5/17/14 Trolling with the Shremshock Brothers..:) 5/17/14 Trolling with the Shremshock Brothers..:) 5/17/14 Trolling with the Shremshock Brothers..:)
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 5/17/14 Trolling with the Shremshock Brothers..:)

After an unexpected three days off due to rescheduling two customers, the sparkly red Ranger was ready to hit the water again today, and so was I!

This morning was chilly with spitting rain, and I showed up early at Mazurik's as usual. As I sat there waiting on my crew of two brothers, Ben and Josh Shremshock of Columbus, OH, I passed the time by chatting with fellow anglers about the usual fishing chit-chat while they readied their boats to launch.

My crew showed up about 10 minutes to 7, and we hit the water right on schedule. We headed out towards the SE corner of Kelly's and I set up short of my destination to see what skill levels I was working with, while setting lines. I wanted them to be comfortable and at ease with everything before we got into some fish and near the pack of boats that were north of us.

It didn't take long to see I had two very fast learners on the boat, and they were able to repeat everything I showed them right away. "Great!", I thought. "This is going to be an easy and fun day". And, I was right. After I had the first inline planer board on it's way out to the side, they were putting crawlers on their hooks just like I showed them, or at least trying to. lol

As they were showing the worms who's boss, the one lone board out there went back. "Fish on!" Josh reeled in a nice little eater. I was happy to see it was a walleye and not a pesky little white bass stealing our crawlers. So, we were off to a good start. We had another couple on right away, but they got off as they were pulling the boards in. Still biting light....sigh.

After a few more white bass and another walleye in the boat, we turned and headed back south over the same stretch of water, because I wanted to stay south of the big pack of boats to the North. This time we caught three times as many as pulling the other direction. We would make that circle one more time before the end of their trip, and again it proved that the North to South pull was better than South to North.

1oz inlines 25-30 back, and #2 Tadpoles 25-40 back, at 1.2-1.5mph was what they seemed to want. Blades they liked were the usual...pink antifreeze underbelly, or chartreuse underbelly.

We went 10 for 16 on the walleye, but didn't get any Fish O's today. And, all the fish these two gentlemen caught are still swimming tonight. They released everything and just had a good time catching them.

Unfortunately, they didn't quite dress properly for today's raining/chilly weather and they decided to end the day a hour and half early, to go back in.
    They said they were going to come back in a month when the weather was warmer, or what I refer to as "Shorts and Flip Flop" weather.

Headed out again in the morning with a repeat customer that I always have a lot of fun with...and, the best part...he brings me really good cigars. Woot! Woot!

Good luck to everyone fishing tomorrow...see you out there!
    Last edited by Capt Juls; 05-17-2014 at 04:53 PM.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
    After an unexpected three days off due to rescheduling two customers, the sparkly red Ranger was ready to hit the water again today, and so was I!

This morning was chilly with spitting rain, and I showed up early at Mazurik's as usual. As I sat there waiting on my crew of two brothers, Ben and Josh Shremshock of Columbus, OH, I passed the time by chatting with fellow anglers about the usual fishing chit-chat while they readied their boats to launch.

My crew showed up about 10 minutes to 7, and we hit the water right on schedule. We headed out towards the SE corner of Kelly's and I set up short of my destination to see what skill levels I was working with, while setting lines. I wanted them to be comfortable and at ease with everything before we got into some fish and near the pack of boats that were north of us.

It didn't take long to see I had two very fast learners on the boat, and they were able to repeat everything I showed them right away. "Great!", I thought. "This is going to be an easy and fun day". And, I was right. After I had the first inline planer board on it's way out to the side, they were putting crawlers on their hooks just like I showed them, or at least trying to. lol

As they were showing the worms who's boss, the one lone board out there went back. "Fish on!" Josh reeled in a nice little eater. I was happy to see it was a walleye and not a pesky little white bass stealing our crawlers. So, we were off to a good start. We had another couple on right away, but they got off as they were pulling the boards in. Still biting light....sigh.

After a few more white bass and another walleye in the boat, we turned and headed back south over the same stretch of water, because I wanted to stay south of the big pack of boats to the North. This time we caught three times as many as pulling the other direction. We would make that circle one more time before the end of their trip, and again it proved that the North to South pull was better than South to North.

1oz inlines 25-30 back, and #2 Tadpoles 25-40 back, at 1.2-1.5mph was what they seemed to want. Blades they liked were the usual...pink antifreeze underbelly, or chartreuse underbelly.

We went 10 for 16 on the walleye, but didn't get any Fish O's today. And, all the fish these two gentlemen caught are still swimming tonight. They released everything and just had a good time catching them.

Unfortunately, they didn't quite dress properly for today's raining/chilly weather and they decided to end the day a hour and half early, to go back in.
    They said they were going to come back in a month when the weather was warmer, or what I refer to as "Shorts and Flip Flop" weather.

Headed out again in the morning with a repeat customer that I always have a lot of fun with...and, the best part...he brings me really good cigars. Woot! Woot!

Good luck to everyone fishing tomorrow...see you out there!
    I love the shorts and flip flop comment and the weather that goes with it! But! With the frost warning up for parts of NW Ohio tonight, maybe they should wait till August, as it is taking forever to get this weather straitened out this year and it may be until then before that kind of weather shows up!.

Good job on the fish and thanks for the great report Juls!
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    I love the shorts and flip flop comment and the weather that goes with it! But! With the frost warning up for parts of NW Ohio tonight, maybe they should wait till August, as it is taking forever to get this weather straitened out this year and it may be until then before that kind of weather shows up!.

Good job on the fish and thanks for the great report Juls!
    Yeah, I'm still wearing the silkies and military weight polar tec long underwear out there. lol

It will be cold again in the morning, but warming up with the sunshine for the next few days. The light winds are going to be nice too.

On the bright side, the cooler temps will keep those fish from running off to the east too soon...
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters